Each week I’m going to try and share with you what we purchase for meals! Trust me, I’m no expert on budgeting or couponing but I believe we have a reasonable way to handle grocery expensive in our household. Each week, I try to plan for seven dinners — sometimes we have plans so that helps me kind of budget ahead if that makes sense! Like this week, we have two evenings where I don’t have to plan dinner because we are going out / planning take-out. So because I still planned for seven meals, next week will be easier for shopping as well (and so forth, etc).
Saturday: Steaks & Russet Baked Potatoes (already had steaks, needed potatoes)
Sunday: Sweet Chili Wingettes & Baked Potato Skins (already had wingettes in freezer)
Monday: Roast with Carrots, Potatoes & Onions with Croissants (already had roast in freezer with croissants, needed veggies & roast seasoning)
Tuesday: Tacos & Taquitos (already had taco meat and taquitos, needed taco fixings)
Wednesday: Invited to a crab feast!
Thursday: Take-Out, we have family visiting!
Friday: Breakfast for Dinner! (needed eggs and bread!)
Extra Dinner #1: Frozen Stuffed Shells (already had in freezer)
Extra Dinner #2: Spaghetti & Italian Sausage (already had all ingredients, woot!)
Shopping tip for those with special needs kids: Because I have two children that are autistic, I have realized that grocery shopping with both of them is exhausting for all of us involved. Violet despises how long it takes, so I’ve taken it upon myself to do Walmart Grocery Pickup instead. This allows me to run another errand without having Violet experience shopping burn-out while we are out, and Ollie doesn’t crush all of the groceries as I put them into the cart! It’s a win-win for everyone.
Total Wal-Mart Grocery Pickup for this week: $106.91. To be as transparent as possible, here is what we purchased. I’m too lazy to put pricing per item but I can start to do that if that is helpful! I don’t really price match between stores because ain’t nobody got time for that.
- Great Value Sour Cream 8oz.
- Russet Baking Potatoes (5)
- Great Value Strawberry Banana Lowfat Yogurt (4 ct)
- Great Value Worcestershire sauce, 10 oz.
- Goldfish Crackers 1oz. Snack Packs (12 ct.)
- On the border original medium salsa, 16 oz.
- Bowery Farming Spring Mix, 10 oz.
- Grape Tomatoes, 1 pint.
- TGI Friday’s Loaded Cheddar & Bacon Potato Skins, 13.5 oz box
- McCormick Slow Cooker Savory Pot Roast Seasoning Mix
- Great Value Original Taco Seasoning Mix, 1 oz.
- Great Value Taco Shells, 12 ct.
- Great Value Large White Eggs, 18 ct.
- Capri Sun Fruit Punch 30 ct. box
- Frito Lay Family Fun Mix Snacks Variety Pack, 18 ct.
- Baby Carrots, 1lb. bag
- Baby Red Potatoes, 1.5lb bag
- Fresh Blueberries, 11oz
- Super Iron Out Powder Rust Stain Remover
- Equate Kids 3-in-1 Watermelon Shampoo
- Equate Multi-Purpose Contact Solution, 12 oz.
- Great Value Everyday Facial Tissues, 4 pack
- Pop-Tarts Toaster Pastries Variety Pack, 48 ct.
- Great Value Purified Drinking Water, 24 ct.
- Equate Bubbles Bath, Lavender, 64 fl. oz
- Leave-in conditioner spray
- Fresh Garlic Bulbs, 3 ct
- Red Curry Paste
- Great Value Instant Oatmeal, Maple & Brown Sugar Value Pack, 20 packets
- Great Value 2% Reduced Fat Milk, Gallon (3)